2017-11-03

Love-Based Emotions as Life Visions

For a private mentoring session I'm expected to have in about ten days in the framework of Conscious Transformation I've been asked by my mentor to think of some love-based (vis-à-vis fear-based) emotions I want to be inside of as my life visions (start living them now). Two such emotions have immediately come to my mind: compassion and empathy. It has also occurred to me immediately afterward that to reach full compassion I have to acquire more internal peace or harmony and after reaching full empathy I'll probably have sense of internal fulfillment.

By internal peace or harmony I mean aligning my thoughts and emotions as well as even my body to my soul. As I still struggle with my problem of OCPD, I realize that many of my thoughts and emotions are fear-based and automatic, so collide with my soul as clouds that hide the sun.

Though I don't think it's right to wait to be compassionate for both myself and others until I feel fully peaceful internally, a higher level of internal peace will make me feel more compassion instead of being judgmental. My hope is that more compassion will lead me to more empathy for others, which must be an important attribute for helping others.

I used to think that by helping myself grow, especially intellectually, I would gain sense of fulfillment. Actually, I experienced such sense to some degree until some years ago. Fortunately or unfortunately, I seem to have outgrown this life vision of mine. Now I feel more and more strongly that I'll get this sense by helping others grow spiritually by helping them consciously transform themselves mentally and emotionally.