2018-04-05

Liberation from Bondage

Just as we are commemorating publicly the Jewish Holiday of Liberation now, I'm witnessing now the start of liberating someone against my will in one important domain of my personal life and liberating myself willingly in another, no less important, one from bond(age).

Though I and this someone whom I'm finding myself liberate against my will now consider this liberation differently (from bond and bondage respectively) and I see more fundamental differences than similarities, I have to admit that this has had a decisive effect on my final decision to liberate myself from what I've come to feel more and more as nothing but bondage. The former, which I consider a kind of "divine storm", has awakened me spiritually and made me question my very life, until I've come to realize so clearly without the shadow of doubt that actually I'm a prisoner in a "cave", which in turn has made me realize quite shockingly that I've been brainwashed to believe this "cave" is the life purpose itself.

Having realized these two things, I've started to see myself and other prisoners of the same "cave" even with compassion as what is nothing but a means seems to be mistaken for the life purpose by them (and even by myself until I recently started to experience spiritual awakening) and decided to leave this "comfort zone" for a spiritually more meaningful life that is also aligned with my new life vision.

The most difficult part in liberating myself from this bondage has been liberating myself from the fear of uncertainty, which seems as strong as gravity pulling a spaceship trying to leave the earth. Though I'm officially still like a satellite in orbit around this "comfortable" planet, I've already started preparing myself for the historic day when I'll leave it in the not distant future.

The power inside myself that has turned out to be much stronger than this gravity pulling me to stay in this "comfort zone" is the growing realization that the riskiest thing in life in general and at this specific crossroads of mine in particular is to take no risk and I'll bitterly regret for the rest of my life, especially on my last day in this specific incarnation of mine, if I take no action now to liberate myself from this bondage.

Having already started to take actions, albeit small ones so far, for this transformation of mine, I feel so liberated and full of joy as I'm finally listening to my heart for a spiritually more meaningful life instead of ignoring and silencing it for fear of uncertainty.