2018-07-13

What I have Learned from Jewish Life Coaching

This seems to be the perfect time to ask myself and write down what I have learned from my own experience of being coached intensively (in a group of a little more than ten frum Jewish men) by an amazing hasidic coach from BSD Coaching as I'm starting a Jewish life coaching program by an American haredi school called Refuah Institute here in Jerusalem next Sunday at long last. Here is a list of what I consider the most important things in the more or less chronological order of learning.

  • The gap between what we are/have/do and what we want to is a blessing for spiritual growth.
  • I'm much stronger than I thought I was.
  • I have untapped positive forces I can make better use of.
  • Learning without taking any action leads us nowhere.
  • We are spiritual beings with our souls as our essence.
  • Hasidism appeals to me much more than Lithuanian haredi Judaism, which used to appeal to me more.
  • My life, including my thoughts, emotions and behaviors, was hijacked and controlled by my ego, which had caused me a lot of problems in my life.
  • Life is a school for the soul and its growth.
  • Life is our best life coach.
  • Obstacles in life are divine gifts.
  • When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
  • The most important task in my life is to tame the ego and align with the soul.
  • I would like to help others help themselves do the same.
  • I've discovered the power of neuroplasticity with the help of prayer, meditation, affirmation, visualization and journaling.
  • I've (re)discovered my life (= soul) vision!

* Thuough I have learned these lessons from the specific Jewish life coaching I received, I have no claim that they are specifically Jewish or specific to Jewish life coaching.