2019-09-13

Sensitive Egoic "Button"

In spite of my intensive inner work to tame my ego for the past few years there still remains at least one sensitive egoic "button" inside me - every time someone applies their egoic mental filter based on their stereotypes, my ego still reacts emotionally though not in such a destructive manner as it used to.

I - I don't know exactly what I mean by "I" (and this loop goes on endlessly) - am getting more and more aware and convinced that most (or even all?) identities we are given at birth or acquire by ourselves are nothing but illusions of our individual and collective egos.

So I don't understand why I have to be bothered when someone categorizes me egoically by picking up one of these illusionary identities they ascribe to me and what part of me is bothered in the first place. But what bothers me most is that I'm bothered by this.

As a kind of precautionary measure I've started introducing "myself", if at all, as a divine being that is temporarily renting this specific body. Then most people look at "me" as if I were suffering from some mental problem. "I" haven't met few people who can focus on the presence of "other" beings.

"I" don't know how "I" have been successful in explaining verbally "my" innermost feeling. You may also think "I" am weird.