2020-07-24

Trust and Compassion

For the past two and a half years I've been asking myself how long we can and should continue having trust in and showing compassion for someone who keeps disappointing us and what can and should be the last straw that justifies our abandoning that person. This question is becoming of great practical relevance to me as I'm officially launching a new practice of life coaching soon.

During these years I've both witnessed and consciously read life stories of both people who didn't abandon those they had decided to trust and people who abandonded them so easily. I'm not going to blame the latter as I'm not fully sure whether I could keep showing compassion for those they decided to abandon if I were in their place.

But at least from now on I don't want to abandon those I've decided to trust, whether privately or professionally, except in one special case as I already know that certain people fail to keep their promises for spiritual sicknesses that have nothing to do with their will power. This special case is when I make sure that my abandonment will touch the very core of their soul and wake them up once and for all - abandonment out of compassion.