2022-12-02

Parallel between Spiritual Awakening and Political Awakening

"If you have to hold on to your illusions because denial makes you feel better, then truth isn't what you need." - Kim Dotcom

Rather recently I noticed a parallel between spiritual awakening and political awakening. By spiritual awakening I mean the (ongoing) process of realizing that you were trapped in the prison of your egoic mind and identified with your egoic thoughts, which are nothing but illusions, and liberating yourself from this prison. Political awakening may be a subtype of spiritual awakening in that the latter is also a process of realization and liberation.

If you are politically asleep, you are brainwashed by the *ropaganda of mainstream media outlets and trapped in the prison of the collective ego these media outlets represent.

I started to wake up politically for the first time in 2002 when I realized how most mainstream media outlets of two disputing countries in one region had been brainwashing us in favor of one of them. This time I started to wake up politically about ten months ago. Thanks to a small but growing number of courageous independent journalists, I'm realizing how the mainstream media outlets of the most aggressive country in the world and its allies have been deceiving us by demonizing one country and sacrificing a neighboring country of this demonized country as a *roxy.

When I first started to experience this second political awakening, I couldn't believe what I had discovered. Just like someone who is spiritually asleep, I wasn't even aware that I had been politically asleep.

Unfortunately, most people around me seem politically asleep on this specific issue and probably on other political issues. I never fail to surprise them by telling them that justice is totally with this demonized country this time and this demonization has no foundation and justification. They in turn never fail to disappoint me by showing their total ignorance of the country they demonize and blame. They simply repeat the same *ropaganda uncritically without checking primary sources. They are so brainwashed that they aren't even aware that they are brainwashed.

At this transient stage of my political awakening I can fully understand why many of those who are spiritually waking up decide to keep silent and even seclude themselves as hermits after realizing that almost nobody around them understands them and they are trying in vain to help those around them realize that the latter are asleep.

I first realized this parallel between spiritual awakening and political awakening last month when I met someone who had also experienced spiritual awakening through the study of Hasidism and applied this experience to liberate herself from the *ropaganda of mainstream media outlets pointed out this parallel to me. It was a pleasant surprise to hear that she is also convinced that justice is with this demonized country this time.

Fortunately, more and more people, if not those around me, seem to be waking up on this specific political issue.