2023-06-09

Planning Spontaneity

# Planning Spontaneity

I tell some of my friends half-seriously that I've started planning spontaneity. By spontaneity I mean flowing, as it were, by following my intuition, or the voice of my soul. By planning I mean being aware of what I do. So by planning spontaneity I decide to take action by following the voice of my soul and am also aware of this decision. Every time I plan spontaneity, I feel as if I were dancing on the stage of life.

Last time I made a rather big decision this way was when I decided to visit a certain place abroad. It was a very successful one in many respects.

This week I made yet another important decision to visit a certain city abroad for the first time in six years. I've been postponing this visit for a couple of practical reasons. I was so impressed to watch a long interview of someone who defected to that city last week that I almost cried. Then I also understood how much this place has become dear to me, and made this decision to visit it in the near future. Since then I'm filled with such enormous joy. I also want and have to check if I'm not idealizing this city.

This whole process of planning spontaneity and being filled with joy reminds me how we, or at least I, destroy the joy of life by silencing the voice of the soul and following the voice of the ego, whether individual or collective. Flowing intuitively seems to confuse the ego and doesn't give it enough time to confuse us.

The greatest pleasure of any trip is for me to plan its itinerary in advance. Though I've already plannned a fairly detailed itinerary of this short forthcoming trip, I've decided to follow my intuition there, opening myself to new "chance" encounters and possibilities.