2020-03-06

Preparing for a New "Journey"

The most important milestone in this present "journey" of mine that started about two years and a half ago must be the restoration of my sobriety. Since then I remain sober, breaking my personal record of sobriety every day.

Recently I started thinking about a new "journey" I had been recommended by one spiritual teacher. So I consulted someone I got acquainted with recently who experienced both "journeys". I was recommended to complete the present "journey" before embarking on a new one. I was also warned that the worst thing than can happen to me is not relapse but the collapse of a new life based on a shaky ground before completing the present "journey".

What I was recommended to do in order to complete the present "journey" is to let go of the root issue that caused my alcoholism in the first place. I was also warned that as long as this root issue has not been thoroughly taken care of, I will remain a "dry alcoholic" though I may remain physically sober. This made perfect sense after my illusion that the ground I'm basing my new life is solid enough was shattered in a series of incidents I experienced recently during some "retreat".

I don't know how long it will take me to prepare for this new, even more life-changing, "journey". I'm preparing right now for this preparation, which will consist of many steps and be accompanied by an experienced mentor who has already passed all the steps successfully.