2021-01-22

Losing Trust in the Mainstream Media and Popular Social Media Platforms

[Some time ago I decided not to talk about politics in public, but this time I have to make an exception.]

I've never been interested in US politics so much as now. I've been following news on the recent presidential election in the US and its results as well as their implications for not only the US itself but also the rest of the world, including Israel.

As I stumbled upon conservative voices that are often ignored or even silenced on the mainstream media and started listening to them, I've gradually lost my trust in the mainstream media. Now I mostly check the former on US politics, including NTD, Newsmax TV, Daily Wire, Sean Hannity Show, Dan Bongino Show, Mark Levin Show, Dennis Prager Show, Epoch Times, National File, etc., among others.

I'm also losing trust in popular social media platforms, most notably Tw*tter and F*cebook, because of their censorship and double standard. I signed up in P*rler just before it was forced to shut down and am waiting for its reopening. Personally, I found the accusation by *mazon baseless. It's scary that such private companies, on which we have come to depend so much, have also come to control our life and our free speech in such an alarming manner.

In the meanwhile I've made a rather long reading list of books on some crucial (and controversial) aspects of US politics (and related areas) I knew almost nothing about, including Unfreedom of the Press, The Manipulators, Deep State, Inside Trump's White House, God Save Texas, The Politically Incorrect Guide to Communism, and Hidden Hand.