2021-04-30

Suffering as a Spiritual Wake-up Call

"Pre-birth planning" is a quite well-known phenomenon among spiritually minded people, most notably thanks to the work of the hypnotherapist Robert Schwartz, including his three books (Your Soul's Plan, Your Soul's Gift, and Your Soul's Love) that collect testimonies of his life between lives regression clients (I'm one of these past clients of his). Right before our souls reincarnete into specific physical bodies in their respective life between lives", they choose a couple of sufferings - or challenges, to use a more neutral term - that maximize our spiritual learning and eventual growth through physicality. If you've heard this for the first time, you may find it hard to believe; I can't blame you. ;-)

I received his 3.5-hour life between lives regression session in January 2018, a couple months after my ex-wife decided to leave me and I started suffering a lot as a result. I wanted to understand why I chose this suffering as well as another suffering that seemed one of the direct causes for her decision.

More than three years since then, my interest in pre-birth planning was rekindled by an invitation I received from him this week to participate in his seven-week online workshop entitled Awakening to the Spiritual Purpose of the Life You Planned Before Birth that would start next Thursday. Of course, I immediately registered in this event. As a kind of preparation I also started listening to some new interviews of his on this topic.

Pre-birth planning doesn't mean that everything, including all the details of our planned sufferings, is predetermined before "birth". This time I've discovered something new I didn't notice before. It's that there is even a way to minimize, if not totally nullify, these preplanned sufferings.

If you are new to this amazing phenomenon, you may wonder what the use of a suffering. It serves as a kind of spiritual wake-up call. We as souls with physical bodies are here to work on a couple of "divine virtues" in each reincarnation. A suffering we encounter reminds us that our life decisions are based on hate and other negative virtues rather than love and other divine virtues. Like an alarm clock the suffering also becomes noisier if we keep ignoring its "sound", until we won't be able to ignore it and forced to wake up and change our direction. This means that if we wake up early enough, we can minimize the suffering.

Actually, this is exactly what happened to me with my divorce crisis. I kept ignoring the wake-up call until my ex-wifed decided to leave me. Only then I finally woke up once and for all. Since then my life has changed completely, of course, for the better. I've also changed my life path in such a way that it might be in tune with the newly (re)discovered mission for which my soul descended into this body.

After discovering the possiblity of minimize sufferings, I've deciced to make further efforts to base my future decision and resulting actions on love and other divine virtues though I may not be able to completely eliminate all my negative virtues in this lifetime. Even after making such a decision I continue encountering people who get on my nerves. But unlike before I can tell myself now that they are sent to help me notice my negative virtues and work further on them. From the frequency and intensity of my negative emotional reactions I can also identify a couple of negative virtues my soul has planned to work on this time.