2021-06-11

Sense of Alienation

Sense of alienation must be the price I have to pay for this transmutation of mine that started about three and a half years ago. Most of what many people, including some of those to whom I used to feel close enough, say and write, for example, in their respective personal pages on social media, don't interest me. This must be mutual - few of what I say and write must interest them.

It's not that I'm trying to say either of us is superior but that we live in totally different states of consciousness. What must be self-evident to them seems dubious to me on the one hand, and what must be dubious to them seems self-evident to me on the other.

This may sound contradictory, but I find myself saying and writing more and more from stillness. This is probably the only way of not being subjugated by language and egoic thoughts.

I also find it more and more fascinating to listen to stillness in nature than to people with incessant egoic thoughts, who only increase my sense of alienation. But even when I find myself listening to these people, I try to do so with my full attention to their being rather than to what they say.