2021-05-28

Divine Virtues

I'm in the middle of a truly amazing seven-week online course entitled Awakening to the Spiritual Purpose of the Life You Planned before Birth by my former "life between lives" regression hypnotherapist Rob Schwartz and his wife Liesel Fricke.

What has touched my soul most deeply so far are what he called "divine virtues". They are those spiritual virtues from which each soul chooses a few to work on in each of its incarnations in this world. It attains these self-imposed assignments by planning life challenges before it incarnates into a physical body.

In one of the sessions we've had so far we participants were asked to identify our most significant life challenges and what divine virtues have been enhanced by each of the challenges and how much. I identified two professonal and private challenges I started to experience in October 2014 and November 2017 respectively.

To my dismay, I realized that the first challenge had little impact on any divine virtue, while the second awakened faith, confidence, peace and joy in particular. It's known that suffering is like an alarm clock in that if we ignore its sound, it will become louder and louder until we pay attention to it and wake up. This is exactly what happened to me with these two life challenges. The first could condemn me to social death, but I didn't wake up fully and fell asleep again after a while, while the second was so devastating that I woke up instanteneously and once for all.

In the session of the course we had this week we learned something even more amazing than divine virtues - the master virtues from which lead to other divine virtues. They are unconditional love, open-heartedness, attentiveness, acceptance and gratitude.

Since I started experiencing the second, devastating, life challenge about three and a half years ago, I have been working unconsciously at least on gratitude, then attentiveness. It's only rather recently that I've started experience a series of smaller-scale challenges of the same kind forcing me to learn acceptance and unconditional love the hard way. I'm waking up even further rather abruptly since this course started a few weeks ago and these smaller-scale challenges happen to have started to intensify in parallel.

The most recent of these challenges started last Friday and had a totally unexpected positive end this morning. I'm still filled with a deep sense of gratitude. I still need to experience more challenges in order to learn unconditional love, which according to my spirit guides is my top priority in this lifetime.