2022-10-28

Obsession with Many Other People's Obsession

The most common first question people ask when they meet for the first time in Israel is "Where are you from". Until rather recently, or until I started to wake up from the illusions of the egoic mind, I never thought twice to answer this otherwise naive question. The truth is that many people ask this question unconsciously, many others also answer it no less unconsciously.

Though this question can have multiple meanings, including very profound ones, most people take it for granted that it's about the country where they were born, or to be more precise, where their respective physical bodies were born.

I've already seen many times in various contexts of encounters that many people are obsessed with this question as if they wouldn't be able to be able to relate to the person they've just met for the first time. They don't seem aware, either, that this way they are categorizing and labeling this person, which in turn makes them distant from the true nature of the person.

If I'm fully awake, I must be able to satisfy the obsessive need of these people by answering naturally in the meaning they have in mind unconsciously. Paradoxically, it's by realizing my obsession with this obsession of many other people that I also realize that I'm not fully awake yet.

I simply can't answer this way. Something bothers me. I answer instead, "I'm from Home" or "I come from Him". None of those who ask others, "Where are you from", don't seem to understand my answer. Many of them ask me to repeat this answer of mine, and some even repeat the very same question. Then I ask them if they want to know where the physical body my soul borrows was born. They are even more confused.

At this stage of my spiritual development or ego rectification I can't use what seems to be the language of the ego. I simply can't. This may be a cunning manifestation of the so-called spiritual ego.