2024-02-23

Western Mainstream Media Outlets as Propaganda Tools of the "Empire of Lies"

"When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals." - Julian Assange

It's almost two years since I woke up to realize that Western mainstream media outlets are nothing but propaganda tools of the "Empire of Lies" and its "oligarchs". They tell lies after lies as if to breathe. The more lies of theirs I'm exposed to, the more disgusted I become, but the more helpless I also feel as what is at stake is a whole complex that is far beyond the power of individuals.

I even feel more helpless when I encounter people after people who consume these lies as if they were facts, without being aware that they are brainwashed. A recent poll in the US showed that only about 30% still trust mainstream media.

It's rather hard to believe this number as a number of individual journalists I trust and follow say that the US is the most propagandized nation on the planet. Most of my friends in Jerusalem seem to relate to Western mainstream media in blind faith. Some of them treated me as if I were a propagandist, repeating the same propaganda of these outlets to accuse whistleblowers as propagandists.

The last nail in the coffin for me with regards to these propagandists, or the "stenographers" of the "Empire of Lies" was their utter silence or intentional ignorance of the trial of Julian Assange in one colony of this empire. Corporate journalism is long dead for me, but this trial served for me its official deathday.

"If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry." - Edward Snowden

PS: List of my favorite independent journalists

PPS: Please allow me to recommend you a courageous and eloquent Australian independent journalist named Caitlin Johnstone, who has been criticizing Western mainstream media outlets as propaganda tools of the "Empire(s) of Lies". The following are some of her best gems on this issue:


Website
Блог на русском