2017-12-29

Daily Inspirational Guides and Daily Journaling

Having been inspired by The Obstacle Is the Way, a book I read recently to encourage myself to struggle with my current hardship in both private and professional life, I've decided to read a sequel to this book - The Daily Stoic - as a daily inspirational guide to learn from every morning for one year from January 1.

Since I've liked the idea of dedicating the first hour of every morning to study for inspiration so much that I've also decided to read two more daily inspirational guides every morning and learn from them as follows: The Book of Psalms and Achieve Anything in Just One Year. It takes about ten minutes or so to read each of these five books, so it takes about one hour in total to read all their daily portions every day.

Through the above mentioned The Daily Stoic I've also found its companion volume entitled The Daily Stoic Journal and decided to use it as a kind of template for my new daily journaling. The author of these three books on Stoicism explains the benefit of daily journaling in his online article entitled The Stoic Art of Journaling. Three more books I've found and read so far about daily journaling - Let It Out, which defines journaling as "the most nonjudgemental friend you could ever have", Write Down Your Soul, and Opening Up by Writing It Down - have also convinced me even more about the spiritual, mental, and emotional benefit of daily journaling.

I've decided to get up one hour earlier than before in the morning - five instead of six - for reading and learning from the above mentioned give daily inspirational guides and go to bet half an hour later than before at night - eleven instead of ten thirty to keep my new daily journaling. This change in my daily schedule will leave me one and a half hour less for sleeping - six hours instead of seven and a half - but I'll sleep longer on Sabbaths. I'm already quite convinced this will turn out to be one of the most important investments I've ever made in myself. See you again, myself, in a year.